Saturday, March 18, 2023

Champagne flight on a beer budget? Nope!

I recently posted about how excited we were to be taking a private jet to New York from Orlando. We heard that you could fly on JSX for just a few dollars more than a commercial flight, and that there are no dog fees and no TSA and no lost luggage. We were so excited that we booked as soon as we heard about it. But sadly, yesterday they sent an email saying that they are no longer flying out of MCO, Orlando International Airport. 

I'm fortunate that I had a ride lined up to MCO from my RV resort in Sebastian, so I scrambled to find another flight to New York City in the same time frame. JetBlue to the rescue! My dear friends can still take me to MCO as they are flying to Philadelphia the same morning.

When I went into blogger.com to edit the post about JSX, I accidentally deleted it. So instead of reading all about the wonders of JSX, you just get this tale about how I'm flying commercial instead. Busy airports, TSA, dog fee, and the possibility of losing my luggage. No worries though, I am a happy camper, and in the end I made limoncello out of lemons.

This screenshot is all that's left of the blog post that I accidentally deleted.
 
Not only is the JetBlue flight a little less expensive, it goes right to JFK. If I was taking JSX, I had to land at the FBO at Westchester County Airport. That meant either renting a car and driving for a couple of hours in Friday rush hour traffic through New York City, or taking a very expensive Uber or Lyft or taxi. Now, I will be landing just a couple of miles from my friend's home and her husband is going to pick me up right at JFK. That's a huge blessing.

My brilliant maternal grandmother always told me that everything works out the way it was supposed to, and once again she was right. 

I still think JSX is pretty cool, but it's not going to work for me. To learn more about them, just go to their website because everything I wrote about them is gone forever.

As a fun note, I am creating this particular post using Gmail. My dear friends at Geeks On Tour recently posted an article, how to write a blog post using email. This is very cool, because I'm going to be without Internet during the transatlantic journey, but I'm going to want to be blogging about it daily to share the wonders of the trip before I forget them, as well as Dazzle's daily adventures in the Queen Mary 2 kennels

Edit: After I published this blog post, the always helpful Mrs. Geek shared this article with me, Undelete Deleted Posts.  Sadly, I deleted the original post about JSX from drafts and not from posts, so it really is gone forever.  My mistake was in thinking the draft was a duplicate and that I was deleting a copy.  I won't do that again!  Thank you, Chris!

Thank you to all who subscribed, if you have not yet subscribed please do. I promise, no spam ever. And you can unsubscribe it anytime. Also, feel free to share, and comments are always welcome! 

No comments: